Farewell To The Old Spaghetti Factory
A fond farewell to the Old Spaghetti Factory on its final day of operation. The restaurant has operated out of the Ainsworth & Dunn Warehouse building, a Seattle Landmark, since 1970. The venerable brick and timber building was designed by architect Stephen Alston Jennings in 1902 for Ainsworth & Dunn, a salmon-packing company.
Proposed redevelopment to the site may include a six story mixed-use building situated in the south parking lot, and an additional story atop the existing warehouse building.
Note the arched entry on the south elevation is not original, it was added in the 1970's. The large doors on the west elevation originally served as loading docks, in convenient proximity to the railroad and Pier 14 (now Pier 70).